Saturday, August 9, 2014

Food

Shop 1, Saturday August 9

In my budget, most of the items are fixed costs. The only flexibility I really have is with food. I recently came across the blog of a guy who's committed to spending no more than $35/week on food, so given my newly unemployed status, I thought I'd try this. My "week" is going to run from Saturday to Friday.

I did some shopping today, Saturday, Aug. 9: 
      blueberries, 3 @ 1.98 each                           5.94
      flour tortillas, pkg of 20                               1.38
      yellow bananas, 2                                          .51
      diced green chiles, 4 oz.                               .75
      fancy shredded Mexican cheese                    2.77
      Hellman's Light Mayonnaise                           3.78
      Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce               2.34

TOTAL                                                             17.47

I need to pick up sorbet, bananas and cereal at Trader Joe's and milk at HEB next week. I also need more vegs.

No comments:

Post a Comment