Friday, August 15, 2014

 This is what I bought last week:     
     *blueberries, 3 @ 1.98 each                           5.94
      Ate most of 1 pkg; that leaves me 2 for next week.

     *flour tortillas, pkg of 20                               1.38
      Used 6 of 20 tortillas

      yellow bananas, 2                                          .51
      Ate 

      diced green chiles, 4 oz.                               .75
      Used in enchiladas.

     *fancy shredded Mexican cheese                    2.77
      Used about half in enchiladas

     *Hellman's Light Mayonnaise                           3.78
      Not opened.

     *Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce               2.34
      Used about half in enchiladas

     *Organic spring mix                                       3.98
      Ate 1 serving

     *Tomatoes, 1.15 lbs.@ .68/lb                           .78
      Ate 1 in a salad

      HEB Pan Frances bread                                 1.00
      Ate, mostly pb&j

     *Organic milk 1%                                           3.38
      I have enough left for milk in my coffee and cereal tomorrow morning.

     *Italian garlic salad dressing                            3.48
      Ate 1 serving.

     *5 bananas @ .19 ea.                                       .95
      2 left

     *TJ's bran flake cereal                                   1.99
      1 serving left

     *TJ's raspberry sorbet                                    2.99
      Ate 1 serving. 

     *ThomCord Grapes 2 @ 2.99 ea.                     5.98
        Ate 1 package.

It's pretty clear that I need more variety of fruits and veggies. There's nothing I bought that I wouldn't buy again. One of the weird things is that I thought I had more canned beans in my pantry.

In making my shrimp enchiladas yesterday, I discovered some frozen dinners in my freezer; I'll need to eat those up. Also, I have a ton of frozen rhubarb. Way too much for a normal person. I'll have to figure out what to do with that. (My original thought was to make a Mark Bittman sauce, but I don't think that recipe is free any more.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment